Traditional living room décor is always associated in our minds with the elegance of hotels, palaces, and huge houses. In fact, traditional living room design is very popular because of the formal and elegant look it creates into the home. If you want to have a traditional décor to your living room, there are some factors should be considered. In this article, we are going to cover some essential factors you should consider to give your living room a traditional look.
1. Lightning is one of the most important factors to consider if you want to create a traditional atmosphere in your living room. By choosing the right lighting fixtures, you can effectively set your desired mood. Traditional living room design calls for soft lighting to give the room a dramatic feel.
2. With proper color selection and the use of appropriate patterns and fabrics, you can greatly illuminate the room. For your sofa and chairs upholstery, use sheen fabrics. When choosing your upholsteries and drapes color, choose repeated color for both of them to accentuate your living room’s color scheme. Moreover, don’t stick to one pattern, use few different patterns. Also, make sure that everything fits well together.
3. Wood is the most dominant material that is used in the making of traditional furniture. You can buy the teak wood furniture as this is heavy and very durable. Also look for the well-seasoned wood so that no cracks or change in shape appears after using it. You can also look for maple wood or oak furniture in this category.
4. Expose your sofa’s legs by using tailored or customized sofa skirts to give your living room a traditional ambiance.
5. The color of walls has a great role in creating the traditional look. To grant the open feel of the room, stay ways from bold or dark colors for your walls. The traditional living room design is all about classic elegance so keep the colors in tune to keep the ambiance intact.
6. When choosing furniture pieces, you should pay great attention to the entire atmosphere you want to create. Choose furniture pieces that will complement each other. Avoid clashing textures, colors, and loud designs. As we mentioned above, wood is the most popular material for traditional furniture because it brings traditional feeling. Buy furniture that comes in twos or threes to meet the symmetrical style of the design. These could be the wall lighting, sofa set, armchairs and other smaller pieces.