The living room is one of the first rooms people see and is used mostly to entertain guests. And it also where you gather with your family to have fun and have a cozy conversation. So this room should serve the main purposes it is used for and should be extremely comfortable. The way you decorate your living room can achieve this target easily but this can happen if you know how to decorate it in the appropriate way to serve your needs. Below are some ideas you can use to enhance your living room décor and giving it a new look in easy ways.
1. If you are working with small living room, you can add material such as mirrors, glass, and metals that reflect light to give the illusion of more space. Another idea to make the room appear taller is to paint the ceiling a very light shade of blue or paint the ceiling with high gloss paint to give the impression of height.
2. Give your room a new look by adding pre-made slipcovers to your sofa and chairs. These slipcovers are available in different styles and colors to match any décor.
3. Also, you can decorate your living room with the use of large colorful pillows or decorative throws on your sofa and chairs.
4. For the walls, modern furniture looks good on rooms painted white, beige, gray, sage, and other neutral colors. But country-style rooms feel inviting when painted in colors named after things found in nature such as wheat, grass, sky, and apple. Sophisticated, upscale rooms have walls painted with colors toned down by mixing them with gray. These muted colors are suited for quiet, conservative and restful rooms. Bright, tropical colors are fun, casual and youthful. They work well in areas where you want to encourage lots of activity.
5. Changing your living room lighting can be an effective way to give your room a new look, you can brighten up your living room décor by placing floor lamps in dark corners. Displaying candles will be also a good idea to provide perfect lighting and create a cozy atmosphere.
6. Hang some modern artwork or pictures for your memorable moments on your living room walls facing the furniture. Another good idea is cloth wall hangings as they are very popular and can be hung above your couch or chairs.